While some people describe it as a fun puzzle and others may describe it as a necessary evil, there's no escaping the fact that maths is an integral part of designing quilts. For me, I love the puzzle! And when you add in the other fact that as a trained school teacher, I love teaching, you get my first book - DIY Block Design.
DIY Block Design is the culmination of both these passions where I teach you everything needed to successfully design and make your own quilt blocks, from inspiration to sketching to cutting to sharing.
- We examine basic block structure with loads of coloured examples using quilt blocks you know and love
- Full tutorials and coloured diagrams for constructing common patchwork units, including the four methods of making half-square triangles
- I teach you two methods for making quarter-square triangles
- Plus two methods for making flying geese too
- A maths chart and the formula for each method of constructing each unit - that's eight charts in total!
- The step-by-step process I use when designing quilt blocks for you to use too
Will I receive something in the mail?
No. DIY Block Design is a digital file. You can download the PDF immediately after purchase. You can then read it on your computer, all your favourite devices, or print it off!
Any other questions
Check out my website for more information or feel free to email me at contact (at) blossomheartblog.com if you have any further questions!